Preparations for the weekend’s concert progressed well…
- Quire, car parking, tickets and Wine / Beer had been organised,
- There were artcards and notelets to buy and take away,
- Tickets on the door were available at £8.
The concert was on Saturday 13th May in St Mary’s Church. The event started at 7pm with an opportunity to avail yourself of Wine or Juices prior to the concert as well as some delicious cakes.
All we needed was you to come and enjoy a great evening… Did you ?
If not you missed a brilliant evening….
The Friends had nearly 90 in St Mary’s Church enjoying the hospitality, joining in and helping raise for our Trust.
A quite unusual event with a significant insight into earlier times in Comberton and some things that no-one seemed to know about. The Quire certainly did some deep digging into Comberton’s history.
The Friends of St. Mary’s Church have raised £879 (plus another £41 to be recovered through gift aid) as a result of this Concert towards their target of £5000 in their first year to support ongoing repairs to our village church.
- Thanks to Ken Baddley and his Quire and musicians for a really informative and entertaining evening….
- We hope to provide some examples of the music recorded live at the event later …
Later in the year (November) we have planned to provide a workshop for instrumentalists and vocalists (you don’t NEED to read music but if you can sing a tune, then come along) to learn in a Workshop based on the Quire’s repertoire and then join in a short concert.